The duration of penile augmentation surgery depends on the specific procedure being performed. However, most procedures take between 1 and 2 hours.
Here is a breakdown of the different types of penile augmentation surgery and their typical durations:
- Penile lengthening: This procedure involves making incisions in the penis and then inserting either silicone rods or fat grafts to increase the length of the penis. Penile lengthening surgery typically takes 1 to 2 hours.
- Penile girth enhancement: This procedure involves making incisions in the penis and then injecting fat grafts or fillers to increase the girth of the penis. Penile girth enhancement surgery typically takes 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combination penile augmentation: This procedure involves combining penile lengthening and girth enhancement surgery. Combination penile augmentation surgery typically takes 2 to 3 hours.
It is important to note that the recovery time for penile augmentation surgery can vary depending on the specific procedure being performed. However, most patients can expect to be able to return home the same day as surgery. There may be some swelling and bruising, but this should subside within a few days. Patients may also need to wear a compression garment for several weeks after surgery.
If you are considering penile augmentation surgery, it is important to talk to a qualified surgeon about the risks and benefits of the procedure.
The duration of penile augmentation surgery can vary depending on the specific procedure being performed, the surgical technique used, and the individual patient’s anatomy. Generally, penile augmentation surgeries can take anywhere from about one to several hours. Here are some examples of common penile augmentation procedures and their estimated durations:
- Penile Lengthening Surgery: Surgical procedures aimed at increasing penile length, such as ligament release or V-Y plasty, might take around 1 to 2 hours on average.
- Penile Girth Enhancement Surgery: Procedures to increase penile girth, like fat transfer or dermal grafts, might take 1 to 3 hours, depending on the complexity of the procedure and the amount of tissue involved.
- Penile Implant Surgery: Inserting a penile implant, whether inflatable or semi-rigid, can take approximately 1 to 2 hours, depending on the type of implant and any additional steps required.