Girth enhancement surgery typically takes 1-2 hours to complete. The exact amount of time will depend on the type of procedure being performed and the individual patient’s anatomy.
There are two main types of girth enhancement surgery:
- Fat grafting: This procedure involves harvesting fat from another area of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs, and then injecting it into the penis. This is a relatively minimally invasive procedure, but it may require multiple sessions to achieve desired results.
- implant placement: This procedure involves placing a silicone or acrylic implant around the base of the penis. This is a more invasive procedure, but it can provide more dramatic results in a single session.
After surgery, patients will be required to wear a compression bandage or sleeve for several weeks to help reduce swelling and support the penis. They will also need to avoid strenuous activity and sexual intercourse for several weeks.
Most patients are able to return to work or school within a week or two of surgery. However, it may be several weeks before they are able to resume sexual activity.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the timeline for girth enhancement surgery:
- Pre-operative consultation: This is an opportunity for the patient to meet with the surgeon to discuss their goals and expectations for surgery. The surgeon will also perform a physical examination and order any necessary tests.
- Surgery: The surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision at the base of the penis and then perform the desired procedure (fat grafting or implant placement). The incision is then closed with sutures.
- Recovery: Patients will be required to wear a compression bandage or sleeve for several weeks after surgery. They will also need to avoid strenuous activity and sexual intercourse for several weeks. Most patients are able to return to work or school within a week or two of surgery. However, it may be several weeks before they are able to resume sexual activity.
The duration of girth enhancement surgery can vary depending on several factors, including the specific surgical technique being used, the complexity of the procedure, and the surgeon’s experience. Generally, girth enhancement surgery can take anywhere from one to several hours. Here are some factors that can influence the duration:
- Surgical Technique: The choice of surgical technique plays a significant role in the duration of the procedure. Some methods, such as fat transfer or dermal filler injections, may be relatively quick, taking an hour or less. Others, like tissue grafting or penile implant surgery, can be more complex and may take several hours.
- Additional Procedures: In some cases, girth enhancement surgery may be combined with other procedures, such as penile lengthening surgery or correction of penile deformities. The addition of these procedures can extend the overall surgical time.
- Anesthesia: The type of anesthesia used can also impact the duration of the surgery. General anesthesia, which involves the patient being unconscious, may add time for both induction and emergence from anesthesia. Local or regional anesthesia may have a shorter impact on the surgical timeline.
- Individual Variability: The anatomy and individual characteristics of the patient can affect the time needed for the surgical procedure. Surgeons may need to adapt their approach based on the patient’s unique anatomy.
- Surgeon’s Experience: The experience and skill of the surgeon can influence the efficiency of the surgery. Experienced surgeons may be able to perform procedures more quickly while maintaining a high level of precision and safety.