Penuma surgery is a penile implant procedure that involves the insertion of a silicone sleeve around the penis. The sleeve is designed to increase the length and girth of the penis, and it can also help to correct a curvature of the penis (also known as Peyronie’s disease).
The impact of Penuma surgery on the natural curvature of the penis depends on the severity of the curvature and the technique used during surgery. In some cases, the surgery can completely straighten the penis. In other cases, it may only partially correct the curvature. In rare cases, the surgery may actually worsen the curvature.
It is important to discuss the potential impact of Penuma surgery on the natural curvature of the penis with a qualified surgeon before undergoing the procedure.
Here are some additional things to consider about Penuma surgery:
- It is a relatively new procedure, and there is limited long-term data on its safety and effectiveness.
- It is a costly procedure, and it may not be covered by insurance.
- There are some risks associated with the surgery, including infection, bleeding, and complications related to anesthesia.
Penuma surgery is primarily focused on increasing penile girth and is not specifically intended to impact the natural curvature of the penis. The surgery involves the placement of a silicone-based penile implant under the skin of the penis to enhance girth.
However, any surgical procedure on the penis has the potential to influence its overall appearance, including its curvature. Here are a few points to consider:
- Individual Variation: The natural curvature of the penis varies among individuals. Surgical procedures, including Penuma surgery, might interact differently with the existing curvature based on individual anatomy.
- Surgeon Expertise: The skill and experience of the surgeon can play a role in minimizing unintended changes to the natural curvature. Surgeons take care to preserve the existing anatomy and avoid unnecessary alterations.
- Scar Tissue: The formation of scar tissue as part of the healing process can potentially influence the appearance of the penis, including curvature.
- Postoperative Changes: After any surgical procedure, including Penuma surgery, there might be temporary changes in appearance due to healing, swelling, and tissue response. These changes are typically part of the normal healing process.
- Communication with Surgeon: If you have specific concerns about the impact of Penuma surgery on the natural curvature of your penis, it’s important to discuss these concerns openly with your surgeon during your consultation. They can provide you with information about potential outcomes based on your individual anatomy and goals.
Overall, while Penuma surgery is primarily focused on girth enhancement, it’s important to have a thorough discussion with your surgeon about any potential effects on the overall appearance of the penis, including curvature, before making a decision about the surgery.