Penuma surgery is a type of penile augmentation surgery that involves the insertion of a silicone implant around the penis. The implant is designed to increase the girth and length of the penis, which can lead to improved self-confidence and self-esteem in some men.
A 2017 retrospective study of 100 men who underwent Penuma surgery found that 72% of the men reported improvements in self-esteem two to six years after the procedure. The study also found that 81% of the men claimed “high” or “very high” levels of satisfaction with the look, feel, and function of their penis after the surgery.
However, it is important to note that Penuma surgery is a major surgery with risks and complications, including infection, bleeding, nerve damage, and implant rejection. It is also important to remember that Penuma surgery is not a guaranteed fix for low self-esteem or body image issues. If you are considering Penuma surgery, it is important to talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of the procedure and to make sure that you are a good candidate for surgery.
Here are some other things to consider if you are thinking about Penuma surgery:
- The cost of Penuma surgery can vary depending on the surgeon and the location of the surgery.
- Penuma surgery is typically not covered by insurance.
- The recovery time for Penuma surgery can be several weeks.
- You will need to wear a compression garment for several weeks after surgery.
- You may experience some pain and discomfort after surgery.
- There is a risk of complications from Penuma surgery, including infection, bleeding, nerve damage, and implant rejection.
For some individuals, Penuma surgery might contribute to increased self-confidence and self-esteem, especially if concerns about penile size have been a source of insecurity. Enhancing the appearance of the penis through surgery could potentially alleviate feelings of inadequacy and positively impact body image. However, the impact on self-confidence and self-esteem can vary among individuals and is influenced by several factors:
- Personal Perception: How an individual perceives their body and the importance they place on penile appearance can significantly impact their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Realistic Expectations: Having realistic expectations about the outcomes of the surgery is important. While Penuma surgery can increase girth, it might not necessarily address all aspects of self-confidence or self-esteem.
- Psychological Factors: The psychological impact of the surgery can be complex. Some individuals might experience a boost in self-esteem after achieving their desired appearance, while others might find that their overall self-worth is not solely dependent on physical attributes.
- Body Image: If concerns about penile size have been a significant source of stress or anxiety, the surgery might provide relief from these feelings and contribute to improved body image.
- Partner Satisfaction: Some individuals believe that the surgery could lead to increased partner satisfaction and consequently positively impact their self-esteem.