Penile curvature correction, particularly for individuals with Peyronie’s disease, can potentially improve sexual function in some cases. Peyronie’s disease, characterized by the development of fibrous scar tissue (plaque) within the penis, can lead to pain, discomfort, and difficulty in achieving or maintaining an erection. The abnormal curvature of the penis caused by Peyronie’s disease can also interfere with sexual intercourse.
Correcting the penile curvature can have several potential benefits related to sexual function:
- Pain Reduction: Penile curvature correction can alleviate pain or discomfort experienced during erection, making sexual activity more comfortable.
- Improved Penile Rigidity: In some cases, correction procedures can enhance the rigidity of the penis during an erection, potentially improving the ability to engage in sexual intercourse.
- Enhanced Sexual Satisfaction: For individuals who have experienced challenges with sexual function due to the curvature, correction can lead to increased sexual satisfaction and intimacy.
- Increased Confidence: Correcting the curvature can positively impact an individual’s self-confidence, which can, in turn, contribute to improved sexual function and overall well-being.
- Resumption of Sexual Activity: For those who may have avoided sexual activity due to the curvature, correction can allow them to resume and enjoy sexual intimacy.