After a penis implant surgery (penile prosthesis surgery), there are typically some limitations and restrictions on physical activities during the initial healing and recovery period. These restrictions are meant to promote proper healing, minimize the risk of complications, and ensure the best possible outcome of the surgery. Here are some common limitations and guidelines to follow:
1. Avoid Strenuous Activities: In the immediate post-operative period, it’s important to avoid strenuous physical activities that could put stress on the surgical area. Activities such as heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, and strenuous manual labor should be avoided for a certain period of time as recommended by your healthcare provider.
2. Sexual Activity: Sexual activity, including masturbation and intercourse, should be avoided during the initial healing period as recommended by your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will provide guidance on when it is safe to resume sexual activity.
3. Follow Post-Operative Instructions: Your healthcare provider will give you specific post-operative instructions to follow. These instructions might include guidelines for wound care, medications, and activity restrictions. It’s important to adhere to these instructions for optimal healing.
4. Gradual Resumption of Activity: As you progress in your recovery, your healthcare provider will provide guidance on gradually resuming activities such as walking and light exercise. The timing for resuming these activities will depend on your individual healing progress.
5. Physical Discomfort: If you experience any discomfort or pain during certain activities, it’s important to listen to your body and avoid those activities until you are more comfortable.